Friday, October 10, 2008

The first recital and a few other miscellaneous events...





My little ballerina! Caroline had a lot of fun taking ballet with Ms. Jessica thru Ballet Magnificant. They came to actually do the class at Pinelake which made things easy....
Her recital was in May, and it was definitely the highlight of the year. I was kind of wondering if she would get into it because she can be pretty shy and not really girly-girly. She proved me wrong (one day I'll learn to quit predicting)! Putting on the makeup was definitely at the top of her list, but she also became this different little person out on stage. Jumping and twisting and laughing with all of her friends, it was so much fun to watch. Not to mention hysterical...I think we all had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.

The theme of the recital was Celebrating Jesus around the World. Caroline's class were representative of the Middle East. That sort of went over their heads though....they were just excited because they got to dress up like Princess Jasmine. Her little friend that she is standing next to in the group shot is Hadley.



The next pic cracks me up...I took it at Caroline's class picnic in May. All the moms were sitting around talking and I looked up and had to laugh- Look, my daughter is riding in a car with a boy! I had to capture the moment for her daddy to enjoy.



The next couple of shots are just everyday recent life with my sweet girls...Caroline has started 'reading' to Hannah (who actually sits and listens for the most part). The only problem is that Hannah likes to speed the story up every now and then.....

and then we have Caroline with one of her favorite gifts she got from a friend at her birthday party- a pair of Princess skates....

We had a new addition to our extended family in May. Jennifer had her second little boy, Webber. This is a pic of Caroline holding him- it's kind of funny, I think she is really going to be great with kids. Almost all babies really seem to respond to her (positively). They were carrying on their own little conversation....

whenever we go over to Chris's parents (Nana & Poppy) the girls have their own mini toy chest under TV in the living room. The other day they got really enthusiastic and decided to forgo pulling the toys out of the cabinet, and just join them instead!


The next pic is of Caroline with her cousin Matt, who at age 6, appears to be teaching her how to hold and shoot a gun!


And last, I think this is such a sweet image of my girls. They fuss and steal each others toys, but at the end of the day, they love each other so much. I am so thankful to God for the miracles of these babies. My life is so richly blessed by them.

No comments: