Monday, January 12, 2009

Something from Labor Day I forgot...



Well, since I still haven't figured out how to go back and reassign an order (or old dates to an entry) I am just going to go ahead and throw this in...I remembered two events we really enjoyed around Labor Day when Jennifer, John Clay and Webber came for a visit. Actually John Clay came down first by himself to spend a few days with Nana and Poppy. And we all went to the zoo. It was fun, Caroline had been once before with school, but Hannah had never been. They all had a great time watching the animals, but the otters were by far the biggest hit. They were very cute and highly entertaining! The other thing they seemed to think was hilarious that I must admit went over my head was to lean over these large rocks and yell at the fish in the fish pond. I guess whatever works...I did get some cute pictures out of it!

A couple of days later after Jennifer came down, she and I took just Caroline and John Clay to the water park. They had such and good time and COMPLETELY wore themselves out! Caroline has really turned a corner this year with swimming. I think something just finally clicked. Last summer she wouldn't really put her head down to swim and she kept sinking.
But this year, we found a pair of goggles that she likes and that seems to have made a huge difference. We took lessons from Ms. Alicia both years, but at the end of the session this summer she was jumping off the diving board into the water by herself and swimming to the side...we were SO impressed! Yeah Caroline!!

No comments: